Teach your students how to plan effectively for every written task. Once this detailed and NZ Curriculum aligned process is explicitly taught to students, they become more independent and thoughtful when they plan and prepare to write a powerful text. It is transferrable and can be used across the curriculum whenever they have to write, regardless of the text type, purpose or audience. The strategy involves students asking questions to determine:
- PA - The purpose and audience for their text
- SL - The Structural and Language Features that purpose has
- I - The Ideas they will need to include
- O - How they should organise those ideas
- V - What key vocabulary they could use
This then sets the success criteria for their text that they can continuously refer to and reflect on to improve their text.
There are 5 different levels of the strategy.
The questions for each level reflect the language and expectations outlined in E-Asttle Writing, National Standards, Literacy Learning Progressions and the Writing Strand of the NZC. That way, students and teachers can monitor how they are going and what they need to do next to improve their writing.
What is included in the resource:
- Bright and Colourful Posters for display in the classroom that outline the strategy to reinforce to students
- Question Cards to use when introducing and reinforcing the strategy with students
- Strategy Posters for the 5 different Levels
- A planning template that directly corresponds to the questions in the strategy
- An example planning template to show how it might be used
- An example text that is based on the planning template
- Supporting information for teachers for each of the 5 key planning elements (supporting posters included)
PASLIOV Planning Strategy for Powerful Writing
- Product Code: Literacy
- Availability: In Stock