This resource is designed to make writing meaningful and give learners agency in their writing. Not only does it give them something worthwhile to say, but it also teaches them a deep thinking strategy that can be used across the curriculum and throughout their lives. You can also include independent or teacher-led research if you wish, so it can be integrated into your literacy programme very easily.
The resource has learners applying their reading, writing and thinking skills in context as they:
- solve, innovate, create, decide or judge;
- discover the necessary facts;
- communicate for a purpose to a specific audience.
There are 75 different task cards altogether and they’re planned out entirely for you. 30 of them are based on Picture Books or Fairytales, and 45 of them are based on a wide range of real life, cross curricular topics - a great way to integrate more of the curriculum into your literacy programme.
Each task card includes:
- the context and type of thinking required
- the questions students will need to answer first
- the deep thinking strategy to follow to ensure quality, well thought out solutions, creations, judgements and decisions
- multiple contexts and opportunities to write for a purpose and a specific audience
POW - Purposeful Opportunities for Writing
- Product Code: POW Cards - Purposeful Opportunities for Writing
- Availability: In Stock