Key question stems and essential language to ensure your students think in different ways.
This framework was initially devised to support teachers to improve their use of thinking language in the classroom and to ensure they were getting their students to think and question in different ways. Since then it has evolved into a very useful framework for BOTH STUDENTS AND TEACHERS. It helps to keep a focus in the classroom on thinking and questioning as it provides both students and teachers with the language they need to talk about their thinking, ask a range of deep thinking questions and ensure that issues, decisions, problems and topics are thought about in different ways. It is now being used in classrooms across NZ with fantastic results.
This framework has 8 Types of thinking, their specific skills and related question stems for:
- Evaluating the Benefits
- Evaluating the Weaknesses
Why use a thinking and questioning language framework?
What is it?
What can I use the framework for?
What do I need to be mindful of?
How can I introduce it to students?
And then for each of the 8 types of thinking there are cards for you to use and/or display
- A Character
- A Poem for the Character
- Key Thinking Skills and Questions Posters for the Characters
- Images for the Hats
- Images of the Hats with the Characters
- Key Skills
- Key Question Stems
- Key Skills and Questions on same page
- Question Stem cards for flashcards or display
- Examples of using the language in literacy, maths and across the
Bex Thinking and Questioning Language Framework
- Product Code: Bex Thinking and Questioning Language Framework
- Availability: In Stock